Objectives of Raisio Group's Responsibility Programme 2016-2018
In its Responsibility Programme, Raisio has grouped its objectives under three material themes.
Sustainable food chain 2016-2018
- We will further develop the responsible purchasing of our key raw materials. The raw materials Raisio uses the most are grain, rapeseed and sugar.
- We require our suppliers to operate in accordance with the company's ethical guidelines (Supplier Code of Conduct).
- We require that the suppliers complete a Supplier Self-Assessment Questionnaire at least every three years.
- We continue to purchase ProTerra or RTRS certified soy.
- We are committed to the use of non-GMO raw materials.
- We will use only responsible palm oil. The responsibility of palm oil used in foods will be improved by transferring to the use of physically traceable palm oil.
- We will use only UTZ certified cocoa in our snack products.
- We will further reduce the raw material purchases from risk countries.
- In 2016, we will prepare the energy saving plan for the entire Group and set targets for 2018.
- We will perform energy audits at all our production plants at least every two years.
- We will analyse material efficiency in terms of raw materials and other production inputs. We will prepare a plan to reduce wastage and set targets for 2018.
- We will only use recyclable materials in our product packages.
- We will continue to develop and commercialise innovations that benefit the environment and our customers.
Healthier food 2016-2018
- 2/3 of our Benecol and snack products will be healthier alternatives in their products groups.
- We continue to develop cattle and fish feed innovations promoting well-being of people and animals.
- We will maintain the BRC certification at our food sites
- Raisioagro's aim is an excellent accuracy in feed recipes.
- The number of recalls will be zero.
Work safety and well-being 2016-2018
- Continuous reduction in the frequency of workplace accidents
- Continuous reduction in sickness absences
- Improved employee satisfaction
- Continuous development of employees and the scope of performance appraisals toward the target of 100 per cent.