Safety at work and reduction of accidents
Raisio Group is a safe and comfortable workplace for its employees. In 2015, the number of accidents was reduced by over 30 per cent through employee training and development of safe work conditions.
At Raisio, the number and frequency of workplace accidents in 2015 fell significantly from high levels of 2014. At the beginning of 2014, the number of workplace accidents had risen at the factories to which production was transferred from the discontinued units.
Raisio carries out annual action plans to improve workplace safety. Each Raisio's unit has a work safety organisation and safety tours and inspections are conducted on a regular basis and each accident is investigated.
Main events in 2015
- In Finland, work safety remained at a good level. The figures of Raisio's workplace accidents and sickness absences are significantly lower than the Finnish food industry average.
- In the UK Cereal & Snack business, work safety was improved by a renewed work safety policy and new rules, training and employee engagement in near miss reporting.
- In the Czech Republic, the number of workplace accidents remained at low levels. The Czech factories have a certified occupational health and safety management system OHSAS in use.
- The number of work accidents decreased significantly. In 2015, there were a total of 199 accidents whereas in 2014, the figure was 290. The number of accidents per one million hours worked was 66 (2014: 93).
- The amount of sick leaves slightly decreased.
Objectives for 2016-2018
- To continuously reduce the frequency of workplace accidents
- To continuously reduce sickness absences